This programme is aimed at working professionals who are employed in a role were they occasionally deal with difficult or challenging behaviour. The programme focuses on giving participant the skills needed to effectively diffuse, deflect and manage conflict incidents in their workplace.
Tue 30 Mar
4 days, 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
This programme is aimed at working professionals whose role involves dealing with conflict or challenging behaviour. The programme focuses on giving participant the skills need to avoid, identify, and manage incidents of conflict in their workplace.
At the end of this workshop the learners will be able to:
- Outline the various forms of conflict.
- Identify their own and others conflict management styles.
- List the steps in the conflict cycle.
- Recognise conflict triggers and escalators.
- Describe the importance of self-awareness and self-control in conflict.
- Outline the various stages of escalation.
- Understand the attitude behaviour cycle.
- Explain dynamic risk assessment and situational awareness models.
- Explain basic conflict management techniques.
- Outline a range of post conflict considerations including self-care and reporting.
Past participants have worked in healthcare settings, social care, parking enforcement, security, hospitality, retail workers, education, facilities management, statutory bodies, transport services, city and county councils, unemployment services, asylum services, customer service, etc
- If English is not your first language, candidates must have a B2 level in English or higher to attend the online training course
- All candidates will require a laptop or desktop or tablet to attend the program. (A smart phone is not sufficient).
- Participants are required to attend a 1 hour pre course online session with the other learners and tutor. This takes an hour and happens between 11.00 and 12.00 the day before the course starts. As well as allowing you to meet your fellow learners and the tutor, it allows us to explain how the technology and platform will work as well as answer any queries you have and allows us to just check everyone’s laptop or desktop or tablet is functional with audio and camera and that broadband coverage, etc is in order.
- Candidates must have access to reliable broadband coverage for the duration of this program
- Candidates must have a suitable space, free of distractions from which to log onto the course each day
- Candidates must attend ALL scheduled Virtual classroom sessions.